Neuropsychological assessment is used to:
- Assess cognitive level of functioning and to aid in diagnosis of neurological conditions, including dementia, mild cognitive impairment, traumatic brain injury and attention deficit disorder.
- Produce a profile of individual strengths and weaknesses to guide cognitive remediation, inform psychotherapy and improve daily functioning.
- Short-term and long-term memory
- Ability to learn new skills and solve problems
- Attention, concentration, and distractibility
- Logical and abstract reasoning functions
- Ability to understand and express language
- Visual-spatial organization Visual-motor coordination
- Planning, synthesizing and organizing abilities