Psychological Evaluations are used to:
- Clarify psychiatric diagnosis,
- Guide and improve psychotherapy and inform psychiatric treatment, including choice of medications,
- Collaborate with all treating personnel to achieve optimal therapeutic effect.
Neuropsychological Evaluations are used to:
- Assess cognitive level of functioning and to aid in diagnosis of neurological conditions, including dementia, mild cognitive impairment, traumatic brain injury and attention deficit disorder,
- Produce a profile of individual strengths and weaknesses to guide cognitive remediation, inform psychotherapy and improve daily functioning.
- Assess Short-term and long-term memory,
- Assess the ability to learn new skills and solve problems,
- Assess attention, concentration, and distractibility,
- Evaluate Logical and abstract reasoning functions,
- Assess the ability to understand and express language,
- Measure visual-spatial organization Visual-motor coordination,
- Evaluate planning, synthesizing and organizing abilities,
- Clarify diagnosis.