What does the program entail?
- Individual Dialectical Behavior Therapy on a weekly basis depending on patient’s symptoms severity.
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy Skills group. Group meets on a weekly basis for 75 minutes.
- Phone coaching, included in the individual psychotherapy price. Your individual psychologist will also be the one providing the phone coaching.
How long does the program last?
- Our program lasts about 6 months
DBT is an evidence based form of psychotherapy that has been consistently shown in clinical research studies to:
- Decrease impulsivity
- Improve ability to manage emotions and emotional crises
- Improve interpersonal relationships
- Decrease self-destructive and self-defeating behaviors
- Reduce hospitalizations
People who benefit from DBT include those with eating disorders, depression, anxiety, PTSD, substance abuse, mood instability and relationship difficulties.
What groups are available online?
DBT Adult Skills Group
In this group, members will learn how to live more fully in the present moment (mindfulness), how to have more effective relationships with others (interpersonal effectiveness), how to identify and manage emotions (emotion regulation), and strategies to help effectively survive an emotional crisis (distress tolerance).
Parents & Family Skills Group
This group is designed to help parents understand the difficulties presented by their adolescent or young adult or relative. The objective is for parents to acquire skills in order to improve their response to the adolescent / young adult’s emotional reactivity, to better communicate and how to react during a crisis.